We have attached bells to trees in 12 parks throughout the region. Find them and you could win awesome prizes!
How do I participate?
Jingle bells and tag have been tied to a twelve trees in the Metro East. Each tree is located in a park.
- Go to each of the parks listed below & find the tree with the jingle bells.
- Take a selfie with the tree tag
- Share your photo with us. Use one of these three ways.
Do you know what kind of tree the bells are on? Correctly identify the tree species (i.e. white oak) to get a bonus entry.
- On Instagram or Twitter simply use #jinglehike. Make sure your post is public so we can see it.
- On Facebook use #jinglehike AND tag us @heartlandsconservancy. Also make sure your post is public.
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Win
- For each photo submission, you will be entered into a prize drawing. Must be 14 or older to win.
- If you find six or more of the trees, you will be entered to win the grand prize – a Felt Verza Café 24 bicycle from the Alpine Shop.
- Winners will be drawn on January 3, 2017 and announced on HeartLands Conservancy social media pages and website. Follow HeartLands Conservancy on facebook, twitter, and instagram to stay up-to-date on the challenge.
Where are the bells?
- Gordon Moore Park (North of Rt. 111) - 4550 College Ave.Alton, IL 62002
- Gardens at SIUE - 6 Arboretum Ln., Edwardsville, IL
- Willoughby Farms - 631 Willoughby Ln., Collinsville, IL
- Cahokia Mounds - 30 Ramey St., Collinsville, IL
- New Baden - 906 E Illinois St, New Baden, IL 62265
- Storck Woods - 7200 Half Acre Rd., Nashville, IL 62263
- Stemler Cave Woods Nature Preserve- 2200 Stemler Road, Columbia, IL
- Lakeview Park - 1400 Lakeview Drive, Waterloo, IL 62298
- Red Bud City Hall Park - 200 E Market St., Red Bud, IL
- Belleville Bicentennial Park - 4811 Belleville Crossing , Belleville, IL 62220
- Mascoutah Scheve Park - 901 N 6th St., Mascoutah, IL
- Kingsbury Park District Nature Preserve - 1373 Iron Gate Trail, Greenville, IL
Grand Prize: If you find 6 or more of the trees, you will be entered to win the grand prize, a Felt Verza Café 24 bicycle form the Alpine Shop.
HeartLands Conservancy wants you to have fun during this self-guided challenge. You therefore agree, upon submission of your photos, to participate at your own risk. HeartLands Conservancy is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or other problems that may arise during your participation in the Jingle Hike Challenge.
HeartLands Conservancy reserves the right to delete posts and disqualify any participant who posts what we determine to be obscene, lewd, discriminatory, or indecent photos or posts during the course of the jingle hike challenge.
Should you win a prize, HeartLands Conservancy will notify you via social media or email. We will not share your personal information with outside entities.